Mary Ann Hutchinson:1979, Evanston, Illinois

   


  Mary Ann Hutchinson lived in Evanston, Illinois in 1979. 

  Very little is available online about Mary Ann and her life. What we do know is that she is missing. 


  Mary Ann Hutchinson was last seen on July 19th, 1979. Her mother, Jane Hutchinson reported her missing on July 22nd, 1979. Mary Ann lived at 1802 Lake Street in Evanston, Illinois in 1979. 


   Evanston is north of Chicago. It sits along the shore of Lake Michigan.


  1802 Lake Street is a two story house in a very charming neighborhood in Evanston. The area has large trees, nice sidewalks and houses of varying styles. On Google earth it looks like the kind of neighborhood that just about anyone would want to live in. Daffodils spring up out of yards behind white picket fences there. It’s lovely. 


  Lake Street is several blocks away from Lake Michigan. It was July. Would Mary Ann have gone to the lake to cool off? 


  Did Mary Ann have a boyfriend? 


  1979 is the year that John Wayne Gacy’s dark secret was revealed to the world. Searching for “body found” for that year yields many articles about the dozens of bodies found buried under his home. 


   There was nothing in the paper about Mary Ann being missing. Newspapers and tv news did not yet cover missing people the way they did later. 


  There were lots of articles about quite a few murdered women’s bodies being found in Illinois. I also searched nearby Wisconsin and Indiana. I did not see any articles that looked like Mary Ann’s body had been found somewhere else in 1979. 


   We don’t have any information online about what Mary Ann’s life was like leading up to her disappearance. Where was she working? Was she going to college or taking any classes? Who were her friends? What did she do in her free time? 


   Oftentimes I can find information about a person from Ancestry. I can sometimes find their yearbook photo and a bit of information from that. Sometimes I can find information from a family member’s obituary. But, I wasn’t able to find anything about Mary Ann or her Mom, Jane. 

   

   I found a Janie R. Hutchinson who passed away in 1997 and is buried north of Evanston. I think she might be Mary Ann’s Mom. But, I can’t be sure. Did she have siblings? I could not find anything. She might have. I just could not find anything. 


   But, Mary Ann had classmates. She had friends. She had neighbors on Lake Street. Someone out there remembers her and misses her. 


   Until we know more, we must start here. I’ll update this if I find more.


  All we have is one photo. But Mary Ann still smiles out at us from that old photo. She was 5 feet tall. (152 cm) Mary Ann weighed 98 pounds (44.5 kilos) at the time of her disappearance in 1979. She was a petite woman. She might have resembled a child to a serial kidnapper/rapist/murderer. 


  Did you know her? Any information would help investigators. 


  If you have any information about Mary Ann Hutchinson’s life or her disappearance please submit a tip here: 


https://cookcountysheriffil.gov/person/mary-ann-hutchinson/




  

    



 

  


   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raymond Charles Lamb:Indiana Serial Killer

51:Brenda Ginter:1975, North Judson, Indiana

Laurie Jo Lopez and Gerald E. Bunche III: 1975, Gary